Resident Services

Helpful Forms

Open Records Request (Police Department-related) Affidavit for Personnel Complaint

Citizen Violation Report

Emergency Information Sheet

Solicitation Permit Application
Identity Theft Information 

Vacation Watch - Hard Copy Form / Electronic Form 

Animal Control

Shenandoah is located in an area that is heavily wooded; therefore, we have a number of animals that sometimes venture into the residential areas. Below is a link to some frequently asked questions about animal control, including how to get a trap for the proper capture and relocation of these animals.  Animal Control - FAQ

Vacation Watch

Complete a Vacation Watch request and police officers will provide extra patrols by your home while you are away. Complete the hard copy form or make the request electronically here.

Drug Take Back

The Police Department will accept old, expired and unused prescription drugs at any time during normal business hours, Monday through Friday. Bring them in regular prescription containers if possible. Throwing them away or flushing them down the toilet could create potential safety and health hazards, and keeping them at home could lead to misuse or possible theft. Play it safe and get rid of old prescription drugs properly.

Lost and Found

Please make sure all your dogs and cats have the required City of Shenandoah Animal Tag. If you need one, please bring proof of your animal's rabies vaccine certificate from your vet with the expiration date on it. There is no fee. This is our way to help lost pets find their way home before being turned over to Montgomery County Animal Control. 

If you lose your pet make sure and check the Montgomery County Animal Control website at, Montgomery County Animal Shelter and The Woodlands Online "My Petretriever" web site at 

Lost Pet Signs

If you want to post a lost pet sign on the community sign kiosks throughout the city, please use blue painter's tape for easy removal. All lost pet signs will be discarded every Thursday except on holidays.

If you decide to add a pet to your family, check out the animals available at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter website and The Woodlands Online My Petretriever website